Wednesday, December 16, 2009

New Comer

Welcome to The Gray Zone.
My name is Dan Gray. My friend and business partner Gene Whisenand and I own and operate Trident Firearms Academy LLC in the greater San Joaquin valley. I'm a retired police sergeant from the area and have been teaching firearms to law enforcement, military, and civilian's for over 30 years. That being said, I hate the word expert. I consider myself a student of firearms and I believe that if you quit learning you quit breathing! We believe that there is a lot of BS out there about gun ownership, training, and tactical knowledge, so we like to take everyone from the novice first time shooter through the experienced operator and explore options, tactics, and knowledge that has proven itself in actual conflicts. I always teach techniques from a three prong approach. Is it safe, economy of motion, and does it work on the street. So much is taught that is "square range" mentality that works great in that environment but will get you killed in an actual lethal force encounter. For that reason, we try and teach from a practical and tactical mindset. So if your looking for the most whazoo techniques that have been published as the end all to be all, that you read about in Guns N Sandwiches magazine this ain't the place. We teach what works when things go from bad to holy shit!

Drop your opinions here, tell me what you think about a piece of training you saw or heard about and lets kick it around and compare notes. If your interested in real world, street to the range mentality, and knowing what works, check us out at www.tridentfirearms.com and lets talk training. Until then, remember...Hope Is Not a Strategy!

No comments:

Post a Comment